This is one of the easiest recipes that is under the Sun . My all time favourite lunch box rice. It can be cooked in no time and is filled with greens and yellows providing enough nutrition for the day. Let me get straight into the recipe .
I have added no spice except cardamom and cinnamon.I am so glad to send this to CWS - Cardamom seeds by Priya.
- Sweet corn - 1 cup
- Methi leaves - 1 big bunch
- Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Cardamom - 6 pods
- Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
- Onion - 1 large
- Green chilly - 3
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
- Heat butter in a pressure pan and add cardamom and cinnamon
- Add sliced onions and saute until it becomes transparent.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute for a while.
- Now add corn and methi , stir once ,add water and bring it to boil.
- Finally add the rice and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
- Open the lid once pressure comes down and serve it with papad and Raita