We all know coimbatoreans are the best hosts atleast I feel. You go to their house without notice and still you will be pampered with all goodies that are home made and you can indulge yourself with no guilt.
We had gone to one of Hari's cousin's place and we were newly wedded , I hardly knew anybody at their place. But know what , when she dished out this unheard bonda and carrot kheer, I gulped everything down and without any shame trust me no shame there and its not worth seeing shame there., asked for one more round of both totally totally making Hari embarassed. Lol .
But host was delighted by that act , she said I am her best guest. She even parcelled me both and me again without any disgrace brought it home happily . hee haa haa.
This is my bonda story ... and am very happy to share this wonderful recipe with you.
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Cabbage - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 no.
- Green chillies - 4 nos.
- Salt to taste.
- oil to deep fry .
- Mix all ingredients except oil like bonda batter .
- Heat oil in a pan and drip small roundels into oil , deep fry until crisp.
- This is very crispy outside and spongy inside.
To Serve :
- This is good if you have it like bonda but it tastes better along with onion salad and lemon juice squeezed on every bonda.
Onion Salad :
- Slice onion thinly, mix it with chat masala and sprinkle coriander leaves.
Tada Cabbage bonda is ready.