- Basmathi Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Beetroot - 1 big
- Onion - 1 no
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Ginger - small piece
- Coriander and Mint leaves - 1 small bunch
- Green chillies - 4 nos.
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
- Cardamom - 2 nos
- Clove - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Ghee - 3 tbsn.
- Salt to taste
- Boil Rice in water upto 3/4th done along with salt, green chillies and cardamom.Keep it aside.
- Take a kadai , add ghee and once it is hot ,add cinnamon.clove,bay leaf,onion and fry till onion becomes golden colour.
- Add grated ginger, garlic, corainder , mint leaves, garam masala and saute for 2 mins.
- Add grated beetroot and salt and cook until beetroot is cooked well.
- Now layer rice and beetroot mixture and bake it in oven at 180 degrees for 18 mins.
Serve it with papad and Raita .