I just got introduced to this veggie and trust me you will fall in love too .My pictures wouldnt have done justice to this but it tasted so well , that crispy outer layer with meaty texture inside will no longer make me crave for non veg.
This has alreadt started making its way to my kitchen every sunday.:)...
Elephant Yam - 1 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp.
Lime juice - 1 tsp.
Corn flour - 1 tsp.
Chilli powder - 1 tbsn.
Coriander powder - 1 tbsn.
Garam masala - 1 tsp.
Salt to taste .
- Cut elephant yam into meidum thick slices like a brittania biscuit.( sorry cant think of anything else).Please wear hand gloves while cutting to avoid the juice of the yam coming in contact with your skin . This is damn itchy.
- Put in water and bring it to couple of boils.Make sure it doesnt get mushy . If you poke with fork , it should poke easily but still firm.
- Then drain it in a strainer and sprinkle all the ingredients and mix it thoroughly so as to coat the pieces well.
- Now grease a baking tray and arrange these slices and brush the pieces with oil.
- Bake it a 180 degrees for 15 mins and then turn to grill mode and grill it for 8 mins or until it gets crispy.
- Adding lime juice and turmeric is essential to prevent your throat from itching.
- Add generous amount of salt and chilli powder , you can also add your choice of spices.
- Serve immediately out of the oven or it get soggy. You can bake it a while ago and grill it before you serve is also a good opiton.