I hope you guys enjoy this roti as well . Its pretty simple to make ofcourse this blog is all about simple recipes.
Even if you are not on dieting spree , I am sure you would relish this roti.
- Ragi Flour - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Gingelly oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion - 1 big
- Green chillies - 5 nos.
- Coriander leaves - 1 small bunch
- Heat water in a wide pan and bring it to boil along with oil and salt.
- Once water starts boiling immediately add flour and mix well.Flour will absorb all the water and comes into a dough consistency in a minute.Remove the pan off the stove and let it cool.
- Now chop onions,green chillies, coriander leaves and add it to the above pan and knead it slightly like a dough. This should not take you more than 2 minutes.
- Then pinch a big roundel from the dough , place it on a greased plastic sheet or aluminium foil and place one more polythene sheet over the roundel.Now take a plate and press the roundel , it will spread like a chappathi.Now you take a rolling pin and roll it like a chappathi with the plastic sheet on.
- Take off the polythene sheet , gently remove the rolled roti from the foil and place it on dosa tawa, cook it on medium flame on both sides.
- You can replace any leafy veggie like drumstick leaves,dill leaves for coriander.That would make this roti even more healthier.
- You can also add grated coconut to make it much tastier.
- Need not smear oil when cooking as you have already greased the plastic sheet.
- Roll it out as thin as possible to get it cooked fast.This should be easy as I dont find any difficulty in rolling it out thin.
- This 2 cups made about 10 Rotis.
- I used approximately 1 tsp. of salt for 2 cups of flour.
- Peanut chutney is my choice for this roti.