When Sharmi announced Tea Time Snack Event I cant think of anything better than this.This straight goes to her event.
- Broken wheat - 2 cups
- Small onions - 10 nos.
- Grated coconut - 6 tbspn
- Red chillies - 6 nos.
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oil to deep fry.
- Soak Broken wheat for 15 mins and then grind it along with all other ingredients without any water.Batter should be really thick.
- Then pat the batter little thicker than masal vada on a plastic sheet and slid it into hot oil to deep fry.
- Slip vada one after the other otherwise they will stick to each other .
- Once the vada puffs up , just turn it to the other side and will be done .
How to Eat :
- It tastes good by itself .
- You can have it along with chutney also.
- You can soak it in curd and make it like curd vadai.
- Cut the vadai and drizzle few drops of ghee into it and can be had.
- You can have it by stuffing chopped onions,chopped green chillies, grated carrot,coriander leaves mixed with lime juice also.