Thursday, February 4, 2010
Summer is already starting and heat is pinching us. So time for us to have some really cool food.SoI thought I will share this unique kambhu kozhukattai with u guys to beat this summer with this super cool tiffin.
Pearl millet - 1 1/2 cups
Onion - 1 no.
Channa Dal - 1 tsp.
Split urad dal - 1 tsp
Mustard - for seasoning
Green chilly - 3 nos.
Coconut - 1 handful
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast the pearl millet until u get aroma.but it should not be over roasted.Stop it once the raw smell goes off.Cool it completely.
2. Then run this roasted pearl millet in mixie for about 2 to 3 rounds.All pearl millets are broken now and it will look like rawa.
3. When u have broken it some would have got powdered.We need to remove those powder before we get into cooking.Sieve the broke millets to separate the powder.now we have powder and rawa separately.
4. Take a pan, add oil and once the oil is heated add mustard, channa dal, Urad daland fry until dal turns into light brown color.
5. Add Onions and green chilly and saute it until onion turns into light pink color.
6. Add Water and bring it to boil.
7. Now add the broken millet and let it cook for sometime.
8. when the millet is almost done, add the powder and stir it nicely so that no lumps are formed.
9. Add grated coconut and turn off the stove.
10. It will look like nice upma.So befor it cools down shape it into oval like normal kozhukattai and steam in idli pan for about 8 - 10 mins.
Serve it with coconut chutney or peanut chutney.