Sunday, February 28, 2010

Noodles with Basic Brown Sauce

I had been to my native and was there for more than a month.I had been pampered with all the food that I wanted to eat.So, after back from my native I dint feel like cooking that is very elaborate.

I had invited friends home today and it wont look nice if I just made dosa or idli.Ok,I din't have batter in hand.Suddenly thought why not I make this simple Chinese Noodles with brown sauce.Very simple, very quick and very yummy too.

Noodles :

As per instructions in the packet.

Basic Brown Sauce

Ingredients :

Mushroom - 100 gms( you can actually use carrot,beans,broccoli,tofu)
Soy sauce - 3 tsp
chilli Sauce - 2 tsp
Garlic - 4 pods
Brown Sugar - 2 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Olive oil - 3 tsp
Corn Flour - 3 tsp.
Salt to taste

Method :

1. Heat Oil and when oil is really hot about to smoke add Garlic and fry for few seconds.
2. Then Add mushrooms and saute for a minute.
3. Then add soy sauce, chilli sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and mix well.
4. mix cornflour in water and make it a paste and add it into the pan.
5. Add enough water and boil it until the sauce thickens. If you feel the sauce is too thick add some more water and salt.





1 comment:

Gita Jaishankar said...

The whole plate looks pretty and tasty...so delicious with the mushrooms on top :)