Saturday, February 6, 2010
Thoor Dhal - 2 tsp.
Garlic - 7 pods
Ghee - 1 tsp.
Mustard seeds and urad dhal - 1/2 tsp.
Jeera powder , Coriander powder, pepper Powder - 1 tsp together
Lemon - 1/2
Coriander Leaves - few
Pepper corns - 4 nos.
Red chilly - 1 no,
Sugae - 1/2 tsp.
1. Boil thoor dhal and keep it aside.
2. Heat a pan and add ghee ( I prefer ghee as dhal is added which will enhance the taste) and add mustard urad dhal and pepper corns.Once it splutters add garlic and chilly .
3. Add enough water and bring it to boil .Garlic should be nicely cooked.
4. Now add nicely mashed thoor dhal and stir it once.
5. Turn off the gas and add lemon juice(If juice is added when the gas is on it will become bittery).
Rasam is ready !!!!
I normally make Lemon rasam when I make sambhar ..So cooked thoor dhal is in hand ...2 mins fatafat rasam will be ready ..