Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wheat Rawa Dosa

Being on diet is not an easy thing I realised.I know how many times I have broken this rule, as if resolution has been taken only to break it.So wanted to try something tasty as well less in calories.So I thought why not I make this Rawa dosa with Wheat Rawa and wheat flour without rice flour.It was not as crispy as normal . I think it will be proper crispy rawa dosa if rice flour had been added.Thought it was not crispy it tasted really good.So, I thought I will share this recipe in my blog.


Ingredients
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Wheat Rawa - 1/2 cup( Sambha Rawa)
Onion - 1 no.
Green chilly - 2 nos.
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
channa dhal - 1 tsp.
Urad dhal - 1 tsp.
Jeera - 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp.

Method

1. Mix Wheat flour and wheat Rawa with water and add salt . The batter should be normal rawa dosa consistency.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard , channa dhal, urad dhal and jeera.Once it changes color add chopped green chillies and fry for few seconds.
3. Then add chopped onions into the pan and fry until it is nicely cooked.
4. Pour this into the batter.
5. Heat a dosa pan and pour batter over the tawa.The batter is so thin so it cannot be spread using the ladle.Just pour it like drizzling oil on dosa.
6. Once the bottom portion is cooked well, if it is cooked the sides of the dosa will tend to leave up the tawa and it is flipped to the other side.Remove it from the tawa once it is done .

 Serve hot it with coconut chutney ..Happy Dieting for me !!!

1 comment:

bhawana said...

Nice one!! i will try it.