Bread Packet has been there in the fridge for so long and it has almost reached its expiry date.I dint want to make toast or sandwich.I really felt like eating something more southie.Then decided why not make Bread Upma.It turned out really well.
Curry leaves - 6 leaves
Coriander leaves - 3 small stem
Mustard - 1tsp
Urad dhal - 1tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Crumble the bread slices well by running it in mixie for few seconds.
2. Sprinkle water on the crumbles.(otherwise after cooking it will become very dry).
3. Heat a pan, add oil.Once it is heated add mustard,channa dhal,urad dhal.
4. fry it for few seconds until dhal changes color.
5. Add Green chilly, curry leaves and saute it for a couple of minutes.
6. Add onion and fry it until it turns into light pink color.
7. Now add tomatoes,turmeric powder and salt.Cook until tomatoes disappear.
8. Now add bread crumbles and mix well.Squeeze lime juice finally and serve it hot.If you feel that it is little dry , sprinkle some more water and mix .
Nice sweet,spice and sour bread upma is ready.