Thursday, January 28, 2010
This lobia is called Karamani in tamil and black eyed pea in English.This is one simple and easy to make recipe.You can just make it in max 20 mins.More importantly ,Black-eyed peas are an excellent source of calcium (211 mg in a 1 cup serving), folate (209mcg), and vitamin A (1,305 IU), among other nutrients.(source wikipedia).Yummy too !!!
Lobia - 1 cup
Tomato - 2 nos.
Onion 2 nos.
Ginger - 1"
Garlic - 3 pods
Green chilly - 2 nos.
Chilly powder - 1tsp
Coriander Powder - 2tsp
Butter/ oil - 2tsp
1. Boil lobia in pressure cooker upto 3 whistles with enough water.
2. Meanwhile, In another pan , add oil or butter .
3. Once the oil is heated add chopped onions and saute till onion turns light brown colour.
4. Then add crushed ginger and garlic into the pan and saute for 10 secs.Now add salt,chopped tomatoes,chilli powder, coriander powder.Fry this for a minute.
5. Pour this sauted mixture into the cooker,add green chilly at this point, stir it twice,close the cooker and give a whistle.
6. Once the pressure comes down , open the lid , stir it and add some butter(optional).
Happy cooking !!