Tuesday, January 26, 2010
You have already got up late and got only 30 - 45 mins to get ready with lunch box packed?. Dont you worry ... a very simple yet healthy, tasty and quick soya pulav is there.You dont have to spend time on cutting vegetables.No need to think if it is fresh.By the way, we all know Soya is rich in proteins and no cholestral but do you know it is very rich in iron also.Yes, It Is.
Soya nuggets - 1 cup
Onion - 2 nos.
Tomatoes - 2 nos.
Garam masala/chicken masala/subji masala - 2 spoon
Curd - 2 tbsp.(optional)
Green chilly - 3 nos.
Ginger and garlic paste - 1 spoon
Cinnamon - small stick
cardamom - 3 nos.
Bay leaf - 1 no.
Basmathi Rice - 1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Butter or oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1.Soak Soya in hot water for 15 mins.Then drain it out and run it with cold water.Squeeze soya to remove excess water.
2.Mix salt, ginger and garlic paste,little curd to the soya and leave it for sometime.
3. Meanwhile take a pressure cooker and add oil.Once the Oil is heated add cinnamon, bayleaf and cardamom.Then add onion and saute until onion turns into golden brown colour but it should not be burnt.
4. Then add tomoatoes and green chilly and saute for a minute.
5. Now add soya nuggets into the pressure cooker and cook it until almost sll tomatoes are cooked.
6. Add 2 cups of water,enought salt.Once the water starts boiling add rice.
7. Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles.Once the pressure comes down , remove from the gas.
Serve it with Papad and raita.