Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raagi Sevai

This week is the best week of mine . Week started off with my birthday followed by the confirmation of my closest friend's wedding . So , I have already become her wedding planner :P. There are so many things to be decided on , so many trials from makeup to dress , I dont know how we are going to make it perfect within 3 months. I wish there was like food blog some wedding blogs floating around. I think that would have made the job much more easier. 

In all these running behind my head , cooked nothing that is worth posting here. I also have to shed down like 3-4 kgs in next 3 months . So suggestions for healthy diet are welcome :D. 

Raagi sevai and milk stew is my recent favourite . Anything that I have learnt new and came out well at the first time will become my favourite . 

Ingredients :
  1. Raagi flour - 1 cup
  2. Water - 1 cup
  3. gingelly oil - 2 tsp.
  4. salt to taste


Method :
  1. Heat water in a wide pan and once the water starts boiling , add Ragi flour and give a firm and thorough stir until all the water is completely absorbed and comes to soft chappathi dough consistency. This will not take you more than a minute.Switch off the flame and leave it aside for 10 mins.
  2. Then knead it well once the mixture is cooled down . 
  3. Then using murukku achu with sev mould , squeeze it into idli tawa on each groove and steam it for about 15 minutes. 

28 comments:

Hayley said...

looks so good and very healthy too!

aipi said...

wow..ragi sevai looks great..!!

Chitra said...

This week is the best week of mine . Week started off with my birthday followed by the confirmation of my closest friend's wedding .

....Great! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Enjoy.....
Have a wonderful time as a wedding "planner"!

Nandita SS said...

Hey pavitra,

I always wanted this rfecipe. Thanx so much for posting.

Nitha said...

Looks delicious..Healthy sevai..

Unknown said...

wow great healthy food....tempting...regarding wedding blog there are many actually...or many wedding photographers, who post many great pic...i get quite a lot of ideas or just get fantasized :)

Krishnaveni said...

Happy birthday pavi. ragi sevai looks delicious and yummy

GEETHA ACHAL said...

Happy BDay....Nice healthy sevai...

Priya Suresh said...

Healthy sevai looks fantastic, hope u had a blast on ur birthday..

My Kitchen Antics said...

hey there are loads of wedding blogs btw and trust me ud go crazy seeing all the awesome things ;)
Hope u had a great bday

Mahi said...

Belated b'day wishes pavi!

Ragi sevai looks nice! healthy recipe.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Belated Birthday wishes dear. Enjoy with your friend. Best wishes on her marriage too.
Sevai is totally healthy and looks delicious.

sonu said...

belated bday wishes dear...this looks very healthy and nutritious !

Sangi said...

hi... first time to your blog... like your recipe collections.. Ragi sevai looks delicious and healthy...

Raks said...

My mom makes this for my grandma,I have not yet tried myself so far,looks and sounds healthy Pavi !

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Belated happy b'day wishes to you my dear. So went out somewhere for dinner?
Awesome clicks of healthy sevai
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Menaga Sathia said...

healthy n nice sevai...

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

wow looks awesome.very healthy dish

Unknown said...

Belated birthday wishes to you, Pavithra..Raagi sevai looks superb and healthy, never tasted it before..Good luck and happy planning :)

Namitha said...

Belated b'day wishes...I think you share the birthday with my niece and my sis :-)
lovely sevai. never had the ragi one

Akila said...

looks delicious and healthy dear..

New Event: Dish Name Starts With B
http://akilaskitchen.blogspot.com

Regards,
Akila

Aparna S Mallya said...

Healthy dish! and belated b'day wishes to u!

Mrs.Mano Saminathan said...

Healthy and nutritious sevai! Photograph looks great!!

Rajee Mani said...

Belated B'day wishes Pavithra. I have never tasted ragi sevai but they sure look yummy...

Hamsi said...

Yummy ragi seva. Its perfect and wonderful click. And belated bday wishes dear.
http://indianyummykitchen.blogspot.com

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Thats very healthy and looks so so good yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this receipe. Anjali, who is a picky eater ate it without complaints. Can you please post the receipe for vegetable biriyani PLEASE.

Nithya said...

Wow.. looks super good dear :) have never seen it before :) should be a healthy substitute :) love it