Happy Women's day !!!!
I wanted to post about a couple of girls who have touched my life during my visit to my native town.Will post it in detail later.I would like to dedicate this post to them .
Padma and Deepa , this is to u.
Let me come to the post. I have never heard about broken rice upma until Padma spoke of her fav dish. She said rice upma is her favourite and she dint stop with that next day she made for me and brought home . I truly savored this dish.She also said it can be made with buttermilk or tamarind extract .
I tried with buttermilk and it wasss coooooool. Perfect breakfast .
Rice - 1 cup
Channa dal - 1/2 cup
Coconut - 3/4 cup
Butter milk - 2 cups
Small onion - 7 nos.
Green chillies - 3 nos.
Curry leaves - few
oil- 3 tsp
Mustard,split urad dhal, chaan dal - 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
1. Wash the rice and dal separately and drain the water completely.Put it in mixie and grind it coarsely like rawa.
2. Take a pressure cooker and add oil .Once it is hot, add mustard and let it pop . Then add channa dal, split urad dhal, green chilly, curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
3. Then add onion and fry until it turns into pink color.
4. Now add butter milk and let it boil.
5. Add broken rice and dhal , stir once.
6. Add enough salt and coconut and close the lid .
7. Give one sound in high and reduce the flame to simmer mode for 6 minutes.
It goes well with Baingan gothsu.