I really hate to be in kitchen when friends are at home. I prefer finish cooking before they arrive or I feel its better to order something outside. This specially after getting into blog, friends call me and say " Pavi we are going to test your cooking skill today in real, be prepared. The moment I hear them say something like this , my legs and hands will never stop trembling until they come.You cannot make the usual idli chutney or roti subzi . At the same time you cannot spare more time specially when it is a short notice. Under circumstances like this , this recipe comes in handy. This is one of the richest gravies atleast among my friends circle. Trust me , you will get wowowoooooo for this recipe.One of my favourites.
Best part is , it goes well with roti, dosa, rice rawa upma , idli . u name it , it will go with anything after all.
Egg plant - 2 nos.
Onion - 2 nos.
Tomato - nos.
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tsp.
Ginger and garlic paste - 1 tsp.
Coriander leaves - few
Oil - 3 tsp.
Salt to taste.
1. Smear oil on egg plant and roast it directly in gas medium flame.
2. Remove from flame and run it in cold water and remove the outer skin.
3. Cut it into pieces and check for any worms. then mash it thoroughly.
4. Take a pan, add oil and once it is hot add chopped onions and fry until it turns color.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes off.
6. Add tomato and fry until it is all smashed completely.
7. Now put the mashed baingan , stir well and cook for 3 mins.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Lip smacking baingan bharta is ready.