Oh yeah its not only simple but the most yummiest idli I have eaten so far. If you are on diet , it is so hard to resist your tonque with 3 idlis . You would definitely ask for more .I have added all masalas into the idli itself so that you dont require any side dish . This is perfect for lunch box also .
- White oats - 1 1/2 cups
- Wheat Rava - 1/2 cup.
- Butter milk - 1 cup
- Grated Carrot - 1/2 cup
- finely chopped green chillies - 2 nos.
- Coriander leaves - few
- Big onion - 1 no.
- Eno salt - 1 1/4 tsp.
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Channa dal - 1/2 tsp.
- Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder
- Oil - 1 tsp.
- salt to taste
- Roast the oats for about a minute.
- Heat a pan , add oil and season it with mustard seeds, channa dhal, urad dhal.
- Add onion and fry till it changes colour .
- Add green chillies, onion, curry leaves, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds.
- Add this fried mixture into oats and Rawa .
- Add buttermilk and salt and nicely mix.
- Finally add grated carrots.
- The consistency should be of idli batter. If the butter milk is not enough , can add some more water to adjust the consistency.
- Add eno salt and gently give a stir. Pour it into idli steamer and steam it for about 12 mins.