Hee Hee , but this is definitely one of the easiest recipes .If I myself have moved my butt to cook this , I am sure anybody in this world can make it just like that . It is thaatttt easy and need I say its more healthy and good for calorie counters and wait watchers. Perfect snack .
I have to say here the story behind me trying it . I showed the picture of this khandvi Rolls to Hari and said , Hari tomorrow I am making this . He gave one look which almost crushed me to pieces. He suddenly realising my reaction said ' If you get it perfectly I would give you a diamond ring ' . He is over confident that I will not be able to make it .When I have made it , you should have seen his eyes that popped out , that shows a kind of pride also .
Well lets get into the recipe
For the Roll :
- Besan Flour - 1 cup
- Butter milk - 21/2 cups
- Aesafotida - a small pinch
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Green chillies - 1 no.
- Ginger - 1/4 " piece
For the stuffing :
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Grind chilli and ginger together.
- Mix all ingredients given under Roll in a blender until no lumps are found.
- Keep it in microwave at high for 2 mins and remove it and again blend it nicely until you see no lumps over there.
- Do the step 3 for totally 3 times , by then mixture would have become to a nice thick consistency .
- Immediately spread the mixture on an aluminium foil with any flat ladle .
- Leave it for 5 mins and then sprinkle the coconut filling all over the spread.
- Cut into small strips and then slowly roll .
- If you want you can season it and garnish with coriander leaves. (I dint because wanted to make it oil free)
Special Care to make it without any hassle :
- Make besan flour : buttermilk Ratio as 1 : 2.5
- Dont spread it thinly for the first time , you will find it difficult to roll as it has some stuffing.
- Spread it evenly, this is the most important step , otherwise roll will be broken half way.
- I would recommend you to spread on an aluminium foil as you can lift the paper on its side and slowly take off the sides of the spread and roll it easily.
- Keep your finger absolutely clean before starting to roll every strip.
- Spread the whole mixture immediately out the of the oven , else they will become too thick and starts to crumble.