Losing weight is easy but maintaining that is extremely difficult that too for a food lover like me. So balancing betwen your tongue and mind and brain in food is really tough . This cake is definitely one guilt free indulgence , it doesnt require frosting , it tastes so good by itself .
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup ( I added 1 cup and I found it was very sweet for the carrot cake )
Eggs - 2 nos.
Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup ( I used sunflower refined oil )
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp.
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp.
Cinnamon powder - 3/4 tsp.
Nutmeg Powder - 1/4 tsp.
Salt - 1/2 tsp.
Carrot - 11/2 Cups.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder thrice and keep it aside.
- Beat eggs well and then add sugar gradually and beat until light . Now add oil and beat for another minute.
- Stir in the sifted flour and finally add carrot and stir until mixed properly.
- Grease a baking tin and bake at 180 C for about 30 mins.Please dont open and prick before even 15 mins as I did( I dint stop with one , pricked 3 -4 times in 5 mins only stopped pricking it when my cake goes down a bit) , then your cake will tend to go down as it lets cool air circulates. Let it bake for about 20 mins then insert a tooth pick to see if it comes out clean .
- Let in cool in tin for about 15 mins and then remove it from pan and cool it completely on wire rack.
Cake was too good but not without any flaws . But for the second time it was quite good.
Verdict : Cake was too good . But if it is for the kids, I would advise you to avoid those cinnamon and nutmeg powder only not to hear comments like masala cake . I understand now that most of the children dont like this masala taste in cakes.