I have seen this in Aayi's recipes and immediately wanted to put my hands on it just because it demanded very less ingredients. I made it thrice in 2 days .. can you believe it?..Good that not many of my folks heard about it and now its become my signature dessert ..hee hee ...Thanks a lot shilpa ..
Ingredients : ( Its become by heart now)
- Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- dates - 18 nos.
- Refined sunflower oil - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.( If baking soda is used cake is really dense) .
- Soak dates in warm milk overnight and remove the seeds and grind it smooth .
- Add sugar to the above mixture and run the mixie for sometime. To this add oil and give a couple of runs.
- Sieve maida and baking soda thrice.
- In a big bowl, to the dates and sugar mixture, add seived dry ingredients tbsn. by tbsp. mixing it slowly after each spoon.( I used hand mixer and mixed it at low speed).
- Bake it at 180 degree for about 25 mins.
The most yummiest cake is done .